J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyways, this afternoon, I was coming out of Peterborough, and if you know the area, the Parkway, which is a nice 4-lane road, merges with Highway 115.

There was this White Chevy Malibu, 2000, or 2001, with a 3100. (it had a V6 badge). I had passed them a few minutes prior so I could get around a transport truck.

I was just cruising along the 115, heading south at about 110K, when the malibu pulls up... right beside me. The guy in the back nods at me, and pulls off. I figure, what the hell. I'm gonna lose anyways.

I tromp on it, and actually managed to pull back up, and suprisingly, pass him! And then I kept going, until I hit the beautiful, beautiful speed limiter (god bless). Anyways, a 3100 with the 4-speed shoulda smoked me, right?

And if you've driven my car, you'll know that it's not exactly a rocket...

hrmm..

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
yeah, and the 4spd auto don't help any either...... i've got the same setup as that 'Bu, except i'm at 155hp/185fpt in a GA weighing in at the same 2700lbs as a cav...... unfortunately, on the highway these cars are made for "cruising"..... at 80km/h it goes into O/D and then if you mash the pedal it goes from O/D-4th-3rd and it takes 2 secs or so to do it....... now from a stand still it's a different story ;)

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
don't all malibus have V6's anyway, u said it had a v6 badge, i remeber seeing ads on tv saying how the malibu was a good family car and came with a v6 standard, did they start puttin 4 bangers in those

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
wckdz24 said:
seanski said:
don't all malibus have V6's anyway, u said it had a v6 badge, i remeber seeing ads on tv saying how the malibu was a good family car and came with a v6 standard, did they start puttin 4 bangers in those
Many, many malibus came with the 2.4 four cylinder engine also.
really!!!! what year did they start that cause i know when they first came out all they had in them was the 3100

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.