J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, what's up everyone...I have a question, i would like to take the analog cluster out of my 89 z24 and replace it with a digital cluster. If anybody has done this and would like to share the knowledge on how to do it i would appreciate it.
thanks
matt :D

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Hi,

What you need to do is to change the sender from a cable to a wire, run it up to the dash, and re-order the pins on the connector. I can send you the info if you like. I wouldn't do this swap because the tach in the digital cluster (while VERY cool) tends to zonk out and give incorrect readings. You should stay with the analog ones for accuracy's sake.

-Al.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
i think you would be better off sticking with the anolog, its a hell of a lot of work, and damn if it breaks its gonna cost you a lot of cash

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have a digital one, I hate it when the sun glares on it and cant see shit. One time I was looking to see how much gas was left and couldnt see, so i went in for a closer look to see, looked up and i ran a red light. :x

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
someone can send me info on how the hell you get the cluster out....

i posted about my problems in a different post in this forum...haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.