J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
arkaine said:
Dude thats like putting a v12 into a 747 Cessna airliner. It wouldnt be worth it. Now, you could always put the chevelle engine in place of the eco. That would be worth something. But again it would cost a LOT of money.
Each engine in a Cessna 747 has 180 hp

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
can i ask why your on this ecotech fix all of a sudden :-?

what steal a truck load of them or something.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
arkaine said:
180? try each engine in a 747 Cessna has 606 horsepower to the T. Tell me how 2 180 horsepower engines are going to spin fans fast enough to make a 22 ton plane fly over 700 miles per hour in the air? answer..... impossible.
66,000 lbs of thrust

Soup i dunno

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
'64s are nice but I have dreams of owning one of these (1972 Chevelle SS):

I like the 454s but I wouldn't mind having this 396. The only thing that would make this one better would be a manual tranny. Oh well..
The rest of the pics:
http://selectmotors.net/1972-chevelle-ss-396.htm

Anyways.... Forget about planes. Why do you want to put an eco in a chevelle?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
unixkid said:
snowblindburd said:
'64s are nice but I have dreams of owning one of these (1972 Chevelle SS):
72s are nice but my favorite year is 67
Yeah they are nice too. Of course over everything else my dream car is a 1963 Chevy Impala SS. I am not sure which engine I would want though.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
ginobeats said:
Thats a big insult to the Chevelle. I think you should apologize to it.
i agree.
it deserves more than just apologie. it deserves a freshly rebuilt 500HP big block.... then it might for forgive you.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
whitelightning2 said:
dude, if you are serious you need to go to a psychologist and get some really good drugs. :eek:

Now here is an idea, drop an eco in a chevette. now that would be :pimp:
my buddie put a 2.8MPFI engine from an 88 camaro in his chevette DAMN that thing goes, and this isnt some guy i know this is a good friend and it is one cool car for a chevette, he said hes gonna try to get NOS over winter or an chip depends on how much he can save and its now a 14 sec car

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.