J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd ask, I'm looking to buy one out the door and install myself. My old contact doesn't work at CC anymore.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
for the little bit of $$ it costs for installation, you get a LIFETIME WARRANTY from a VIPER DEALER!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
juicy-j said:
for the little bit of $$ it costs for installation, you get a LIFETIME WARRANTY from a VIPER DEALER!
Pass.

My truck's dash is all apart and I'd rather do it myself. What am I going to do, bring it on a flatbed? heh.
I've seen their "LIFETIME" Installs. I've been less than impressed. I still get a lifetime, because my 'receipt' says it was done at a CC :wink:

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
They have to charge the installed price for you to get the warranty, though. Why pay that money and take it to install it yourself? I'd figure out a way to get it there.

When I sold my Bronco, I drove it illegally to the viper dealer and had the alarm uninstalled (the alarm was worth more than what I was selling the truck for). I think I paid $100 to have it re-installed into the Durango. If I had moved it over myself, I would have lost the warranty.

You could always try ebay, but I guess that doesn't really helpy you with the warranty part...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tiny1877 said:
They have to charge the installed price for you to get the warranty, though. Why pay that money and take it to install it yourself? I'd figure out a way to get it there.

When I sold my Bronco, I drove it illegally to the viper dealer and had the alarm uninstalled (the alarm was worth more than what I was selling the truck for). I think I paid $100 to have it re-installed into the Durango. If I had moved it over myself, I would have lost the warranty.

You could always try ebay, but I guess that doesn't really helpy you with the warranty part...
My last one (python) was at cost out the door with an employee discount ;-). That one resides in my Cougar.

I'm telling you, I don't want 'crimp connectors' I'll take the time routing the wires in the factory harness so it cannot be seen.

I dont need the main module ziptied under the dash at the steering column, seen that far too many times.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I installed a compustar this winter into my car myself and it was a huge PITA, HOWEVER i didnt really have any experiance and the manual had real bad instructions.

But if you would know how to install it.. i would do it and save the extra $2-300 on the installation (thats how much they are around here)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have a Python laying in the basement. Have been debating on whether or not to put it in the z or not as I want to put an alarm in the pontiac too and dont want 3 diff remotes. Whats it worth too you? lol its model 1000hf something or other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.