J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my first ticket last night with my 1990 Z for doing 65 km/h in a 50 km/h zone

anyone else?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
NO tickets so far, but im on Probation right now (im only 16), and after my birtday which is December 21, ill be off probation, so im not driving too fast . Else, I speed or run a stop sign I automatically loose my license for a while, and it will cost about $200 to get it back.

-John

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
really, for tinted windows? were they really dark or something? like limo black?

I never heard of a ticket for tint.

btw no tickets here. guess the cops can't catch me haha. just kiddin'

·
Registered
527 Posts
so far i've gotten 2 tickets. One for going 32 in a in a school zone and one for going 53 in a 40.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Oh man, where do I start...

88 in a 65
47 in a 35
65 in a 55
46 in a 35
Careless driving (trooper thought I was taking a corner too fast)

3 Warnings (no ticket)for my window tint
4 Warnings (no ticket)for my blackouts

Think thats about it.
Never lost my license (knock on wood)
I don't like cops, and I REALLY don't like the state troopers

·
Registered
222 Posts
i ticket for no front plate (not properly displayed)$110 last weekend , a warning for clear corners and blue bulbs, warning for driving with park lights and driving lights(blue) only, and about 4 warnings for public disturbance for my stereo, i think that's about it, oh ya a warning for racing downtown (light to light with a mustang gt) good thing i knew the cop. k that's it

·
Registered
346 Posts
Cops stink

just got my blackouts..PLEAASEE no tickets

i hate cops

i did 100 in a 50 and got a warning
60 in a 40
60 in a 25

ive only got verbal warnings and one time the cop actually stopped me because i looked at him wierd....what a moron

did i mention i hate cops

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
I havent gotten any tickets yet*knock on wood* But I came close once....my buddy and I were racing down the highway the cop caught up to us and pulled over my friend for "Reckless" ......taking the off ramp too fst....108 on a 45 speed limited corner....
Got off lucky that time

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm sure the front windows aren't allowed to be tinted here either. (Unless you mean the windshild) but i know you can't have as dark drivers doorsas the rest of the car... guess thats why you got the ticket =)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ooo, yay!
65 in a 50 - challenged and beaten

Reckless driving - took a wide corner (hey, I have no power steering, so shut up), warning.

Speeding through an intersection, passing on the right, and four counts of driving to endanger - all in one shot! And I only got a warning. Mainly because the "speeding" was because I saw the other light changing so I didn't slow down too much, "passing on the right" was actually merging lanes, and "driving to endanger" was related to the passing on the right.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I guess I'm the worst. Since I really have no problem getting up there:

74km/h in a 50
83km/h in a 60

and the biggest:
174km/h in a 100

This one I got away from suspension, arrest and vehicle tow. The issuing fine was $1500, 6pts and license suspension. I paid $200 and that was it. Get a lawyer for big ones.

·
Registered
35 Posts
what up!? I am going to buy a radar detector, and I was wondering if any of you have them and have still somehow gotten tickets??? or do you just go without them? thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
I have a detector, and have still gotten tickets. They don't do ya any good if the cop has instant-on radar, since as soon as the detector goes off, they already have you. Same thing with laser. As soon as it goes off, they usually already have your speed.

I would say it has kept me out of many more tickets, though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
yea but they got that one thing called the black box (i think thats what its called) it will jam the cops signal and they wont be able to read the speed

although it is illegal and cops can probably tell who has it and who doesnt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Put it this way im on probastion for my drivin 8 speeding tickets I lost count of seat belt. Wreckless driving... U name it I'v gotten it

·
Registered
388 Posts
I only got 1 speeding ticket with my z24. 70 in a 55 in the u. p., but the cop wrote it down as 65 in 55. i have a radar detector. he got me cuz he turned it on when i got close to him. i have avoided a lot of cops with the detector around town cuz the cops here leave their radars on all the time, so it gives you time to slow down. i hate cops too. i havent been pulled over yet for tinted windows (knock on wood).

·
Registered
527 Posts
hey guys I have to update my list. I got a ticket today for squalling my tiers at a red light. But what sucks is i didn't even mean to do it and it wasen't even loud. The stuped ass cops around hear are just looking for a reason to write a ticket.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts