J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else tried this and had good looking results? I got the colored bulbs, actually turned out to be the same kind as the how to, and installed them. I put blue in one side and red in the other for comparison.

I didnt really care for the look of red at all, it almost looked orange, not even close to red. The blue almost had a teal color to it not really a true blue. I guess this can be expected of bulbs that only have a colored glass lens. But the red was not even close to looking like the red in the how to pics and I used the same brand bulb.

I was thinking about using LED 194's but dont want to dump the cash and be unhappy with the color like I was with these. Anybody tried this with positive results?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Yeah I tried it until I learned that it's only pahse two, so now half my gauges are a light red and the other white. Do they make glass paint?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was considering the LED bulbs, but dont know if I will waste the money on them now, I was only gonna do this till I got my reverse glow gauges. I haven't priced them on ebay yet but locally they are close to 10-12 bucks a pair, I need 2 pairs for my gauges, thats about the cost of my reverse gauges. I'll check ebay for prices, it's gotta be cheaper than local stores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.