J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bleh!! Definately a no-no...I was thinking they would look sweet on a 2nd gen 2nd phase...I was never a big fan of the tails on a 1st gen first phase...

·
Registered
254 Posts
i am new on your site. i gotta give ya props to ya bro. your site is tha shit!! I would like to know where i could get these lights for my Z. i happen to like them and would like to see them on my car. i really want them bad. hit me up with the links so i can get these. also, can you give me tips on racing my Z. it has an automatic transmission. i wanna take on a grand prix. also a v6. thanx man.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey what year is the Grand Prix, what size engine and do you know what tranny it has? I've beaten a Grand Am that had the 3.1 V6 automatic tranny. It wasn't perfect but it still ran good (or so it seemed). I would suspect a big portion of my winning had to do with the weight factor. But maybe it was just in disrepair.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think it might also be a 3.1. with an automatic tranny. but you see, my car has everything stock and it doesn't do much right now. pluse my tranny is automatic as well. the Prix just looks so powerful.

Hey Moon, what do you think of these mods on my car.
* Custom Intake
* Accel Wires
* Bosch 4+ plugs (platinum)
* Superchip
* Removed Cat (emissions tests are not required
where i live. Laredo, Texas)

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
I found a page a while back that was making them, but of course I can't find that page now. I am looking for it (even though I don't like clear tails ), and if I find it, I will post it here.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hmm i wonder what material they used for the side bumper clear light (the one by itself just to the right of the back wheel) any ideas?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think the size on the markers vary depending on the year, but I know how to make them. I made the clear corners on my cav. not to long ago. But you can use the acrylic that is used on the lighting panels on office lights. Just go to the electric department at a hardware store. Its easy.

Also, can anybody tell me how to make my automatic Z run 15's on the quarter!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
You are gonna end up paying almost $300 for them to make you those clears. You can make them yourself. Example take a Grand Am GT taillights off (Has to Be a GT) and take apart the lenses.There is red plastic inserts inside the housing that you remove. Put the housing back together maybe use some of that black sealer. Go buy some red bulbs (PepBoys) and You have perfectly clear lenses,not Off white (2nd Gen Pic.)

well for the Cavaliers there were certain years you could do this to the taillights. I think it was 88-90 or 87-89 I can't remember.But I've tried my 93 lights and they are molded Red plastic.And so are my buddy's 91 lights.
Let me know,Good Luck

isaacs93cavi

·
Registered
69 Posts
Intake, exhuast, slicks and an engine blowing shot of NOS

Sorry to say but 2.8 3spd autos are in the 17's you'd have a tought time gettin 15's, my buddy with intake, exhaust, suspension work, rebuilt engine, swapped 3rd gear to a better ratio, and a high stall converter will prolly be in mid to low 16's.

a 3.1 3spd with i/e can go 16.4

Your cheapest bet to get into 15's is to buy a 3.1 5spd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's mine.

<LINK_TEXT text="http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/previ ... ils117.jpg">http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/qb/qbbroncofan14/.mids/cleartails117.jpg</LINK_TEXT></URL>>

<LINK_TEXT text="http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/previ ... ils118.jpg">http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/qb/qbbroncofan14/.mids/cleartails118.jpg</LINK_TEXT></URL>>

·
Registered
222 Posts
quick qestion, Hey Qbbroncofan14 how did you cut out the red plastic lens , i've been trying to figure out a way but not sure how to go about it .
please tell me

1 - 19 of 19 Posts