J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few questions that might help me out....

1) What does your 2.0 idle at? Idle rough?

2) What does the Car redline at? Where does the power(if any) drop off?

I got the car. I changed the PCV Valve, & Cleaned out the Throttle body, and the car started to idle kinda rough. On occasion it'd Idle low...or sometimes, it'll idle up, and then come back down...and continue till I put it in gear & went. It continued to do it fter I changed the plugs and Gapped 'em. Bad gas isn't an issue. It did it the same with 87 octane aswell as 93.

Any help? Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Haynes says that it should idle at roughly 750rpms. I have the same problem, I noticed that a new 02 sensor helped some. Also, my clogged catty converter seems to mess with it until it warms up enough to let some of the junk out of it. My new plug wires helped too.

Korey :moon:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
wally05 said:
Haynes says that it should idle at roughly 750rpms. I have the same problem, I noticed that a new 02 sensor helped some. Also, my clogged catty converter seems to mess with it until it warms up enough to let some of the junk out of it. My new plug wires helped too.

Korey :moon:
it all ready has a new O2 in it :D

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea....z_two_4 used to own my car...sold it to me (Thanks guy!)

Yea...already has a new O2 sensor...plugs are new, and the wires probably could use a changing.
That Cat situation makes sense...it doesn't idle so rough once I've got movin'.

Oh well....I'll post when I've got it figured out.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have one.. it has always idled rough... i just replaced the cyl. head w/ a new one, and cleaned about 1/4" all around of carbon out of the cylinders... it runs alot better but i still have to change the CAT (completely blown & clogged) and i am almost done w/ my CAI (i have never seen a TBI 2.0L OHC engine with a CAI like mine will be) so hopefully after all that it will be better.. i also changed plugs, fuel filter, pcv..... does anyone know how much of a differnce a high flow CAT wil make compared to a stock CAT?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.