J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 93 Cav with pretty much stock ~everything~. I commute 53 miles (106 total) to work down a highway which is persistently surrounded by nothing (I live in Kansas, please feel free to laugh). On a breezy day -most any day- you can see my car bobbing and weaving its way down the highway. I love my car but it sucks in the wind. The wind here isn't usually steady either... more like a long series of short blasts. Granted, I'm used to driving boats -at least 20ft long or more- which weighed 3x that of my Cav. So, maybe I'm just not used to the handling of smaller cars. Has anyone else noticed poor handling in the wind?

·
Registered
129 Posts
the only time i had a problem with the handling was when i was kinda speeding too fast and it was in heavy winds.. dont know why you would have much trouble though... a z24 is pretty low to the ground... when i was driving with my dad in our 42' rv down to las vegas the wind was making the rv go sideways.. you had to hold on for dear life to the steering wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.