J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty... who wants to do this?? I figured since we have people coming from all over the country and Canada it might be a good way for some of us to experience some local micro brews we would otherwise miss out on.

I haven't decided what I want to bring yet. It is a toss up between a local light beer and the tried and true Pumpkin Ale I brought last year....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Do they sell "Old Style" in the Davenport area? I would greatly appreciate anyone who is coming from the Chicago area to tote a case (or 2) along for trade.
This is a great idea. We have several good microbrews in Winston-Salem. We also have several wineries, if anyone is interested. Nothing like a glass of Scuppernong wine.

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
Not sure how far the reaches of Lion's Head Ale go, but that's the only thing local to me that I can think of. What about Stegmaier? I'll see if I can get a couple 6ers of each of those...

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was gona bring a case of Lions head

What about pocono lager tiny? thats decent or yuengling?

·
Premium Member
4,261 Posts
Of course the brew I wanna bring is brewed in October. :( There's a nice microbrewery just down the street from me that makes some good stuff. I'll pick up a case or two of something good to bring. :)

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
soup said:
I was gona bring a case of Lions head

What about pocono lager tiny? thats decent or yuengling?
Yeungling gives me the shits. We're splitting a room, right? I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I also kinda figured you'd be bringing some of that since you like it so much.

I'll have to check out the beer store someday and see what I can get. Who knows, maybe I'll surprise you all and get some microbrew from a friend of mine? ;-)

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
jimboh247 said:
Do they sell "Old Style" in the Davenport area? I would greatly appreciate anyone who is coming from the Chicago area to tote a case (or 2) along for trade.
This is a great idea. We have several good microbrews in Winston-Salem. We also have several wineries, if anyone is interested. Nothing like a glass of Scuppernong wine.
:rotfl:

yah, bottom shelf at the gas station :lol:

there is a few good local brewhouses, Blue Cat kicks ass.

http://beerme.com/brewery.php?440

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tiny if you bring lions head ill bring the pumpkin ale

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
I don't drink it, so how much should I bring? 12-pack? I can't see buying a whole case and then no one liking it and being stuck with beer I won't drink...

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tiny1877 said:
I don't drink it, so how much should I bring? 12-pack? I can't see buying a whole case and then no one liking it and being stuck with beer I won't drink...
its $12/case.... I'll drink it

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
soup said:
tiny1877 said:
its $12/case.... I'll drink it
Oddly enough, that's the reason I *don't* drink it. Cheap beer never tastes good to me.

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
So there's 4 or 5 of us in... is that all? Need more beers to try!

·
Registered
908 Posts
whitelightning2 said:
jimboh247 said:
:rotfl:

yah, bottom shelf at the gas station :lol:

there is a few good local brewhouses, Blue Cat kicks ass.

http://beerme.com/brewery.php?440
Sorry, I was weaned on the stuff.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cahilj said:
Man... I don't think anyone around here with a microbrew actually bottles it. Why doesn't everyone drive out here on Sunday for dinner? :lol:
lol then bring your favorite bottled stuff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.