J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read more chatter about headers. If it is true please respond, on Oct 24 suppose to bring car in to have headers made[stainless] $ 1800 US. If someone is going make them, and there good I'll buy

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
$1800 US for headers? :eek: You sure you can't find someone else to make them any cheaper? I can't say for sure that any of these other possibilities that have been mentioned lately are going to follow through, but I'd seriously look else where, for that kind of money you could probably almost buy all the nessisary tools and materials and make them yourself, plus you could use those tools for other things.

If I were in your shoes I'd look for someone a little more reasonable.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
i thought there was a company or someone that would make them for 600 even though thats still expensive its a hell of a lot cheaper than what your paying!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear JBP is going to have headers shortly. Ill hang out for them to get them from them. A/C removed, dash gutted, rear seat removed, battery relocated,cruise removed,coil packs relocated,console removed,kill switch install, 8 point cage, Spare & Jack removed, Trunk gutted,Intake Extrde honed,EGR Valve remove, cat removed,Supercharger or Turbocharger? 11 seconds coming.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
poormansvette said:
I hear JBP is going to have headers shortly. Ill hang out for them to get them from them. A/C removed, dash gutted, rear seat removed, battery relocated,cruise removed,coil packs relocated,console removed,kill switch install, 8 point cage, Spare & Jack removed, Trunk gutted,Intake Extrde honed,EGR Valve remove, cat removed,Supercharger or Turbocharger? 11 seconds coming.
why did you re-locate the battery?

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
z_two_4 said:
poormansvette said:
Better question: Where was it relocated to? ;)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
the_raven said:
z_two_4 said:
poormansvette said:
Better question: Where was it relocated to? ;)
thats what I was starting to get at!

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
PMV: Ok, I am going suggest this because it works, with FWD....

Relocating the battery to the truck works with rear whell drive to get more weight over the drive wheels, but makes weight transfer worse with a FWD.
On the passenger side of the car, where your evap can is/was, cut out that area, and make a battery tray that lowers the battery down, so that the top of the battery is level with where the frame rail is. This provides more weight low and in front of the front wheels, near the "light wheel" on a FWD. Most FWDs want to lift the right side front wheel a little more than the left, unloading it, just like a RWD wants to lift the left side rear wheel and unloading it. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.