J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
in my opinion I think Pioneer 3 or 4 way 6x9 sounds really good crisp and has a decent bass to it as well. with a price of about 120 or so at best buy

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I have some infinity kappa 6x9's amp powered and doesnt seem to be cutting it.

maybe I just need to get a good bass cd and try to tune it. seems like they should be making more bass than they are

I remember back in they day a friend had some JBL 6x9's and it was like :eek: compared to how mine are right now

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd hate to get rid of my kappa's because I've had them foreva!! it would be like loosing a good friend :lol:

but if I have to in order to get decent bass I guess I could take a 90% loss on what I originally paid and get something else :guns: :lol:

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
whitelightning2 said:
None.. :wink:

I'd slap in a single 10" or 12" sub if you want some thump...
exactly. 6x9's arent for bass. They're to fill in the rear of the compartment.If anything throw some nice 6.5" 's back there. and a nice 12 in the trunk.

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
benz88 said:
whitelightning2 said:

exactly. 6x9's arent for bass. They're to fill in the rear of the compartment.If anything throw some nice 6.5" 's back there. and a nice 12 in the trunk.
bah! :lol:

like I was sayin before, I've heard some pretty decent bass out of 6x9s before. I know the limits of them, and for now im fine with that

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
scott0999 said:
benz88 said:
whitelightning2 said:

like I was sayin before, I've heard some pretty decent bass out of 6x9s before. I know the limits of them, and for now im fine with that
in that case.. remind me to fire up the Clarions in the Z at the bash.. they sound pretty good for 6x9's

i don't think i'll be putting any subs in the car this year..

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
scott0999 said:
benz88 said:
whitelightning2 said:

yeah if you dont want a sub 6x9's can be decent. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
Didn't we have this discussion a few months ago, in a thread Jake started?

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
whitelightning2 said:

Yup. I had pioneer 6x9's in my old Z and, while they sounded decent, they didn't even come close to comparison after I installed a JL 12" woofer. Get a sub+amp and be done with it. :wink: But if you're just looking to have 6x9's i'd go with pioneer, mine shook my mirrors and I even had people ask me what kind of sub I had in the trunk. The look on their faces was priceless after I told them there wasn't one. :lol: I also had them running off the stock H.U., I could only imagine what they would sound like with an amp. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.