J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i have the opportunity to by an 800 wat Rockford amp, and 2 400 watt Rocford 10's alogn with a stinger amp kit and stinger capacitor for 500 canadian off of my bestfriend. will ti rattle the shit out of my trunk? need suggestions. they pound pretty good but my deck has sub control and the amp has a remote. think i will be ok? i just need so bass, not alot but enough. i have no need to tons of exterior/ but i figure this is a damn good deal also includes a box but i think i will build my own out of light mdf. and if i so happen to get these.... ported or sealed?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
iga_mike said:
ok well i have the opportunity to by an 800 wat Rockford amp, and 2 400 watt Rocford 10's alogn with a stinger amp kit and stinger capacitor for 500 canadian off of my bestfriend. will ti rattle the shit out of my trunk? need suggestions. they pound pretty good but my deck has sub control and the amp has a remote. think i will be ok? i just need so bass, not alot but enough. i have no need to tons of exterior/ but i figure this is a damn good deal also includes a box but i think i will build my own out of light mdf. and if i so happen to get these.... ported or sealed?
i'd get it... that's a good deal. sounds stolen to me :-? ... what series is the stuff? as for the box, it depends on what kinda bass you want. a sealed will give you tighter, more controlled bass, whereas a ported will give you louder, boomier bass.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i beleive there the HE series, not the nest but not the worst. they aren't stolen, the subs were on sale 150 each about 6 months ago at futureshop, the amp was roughly 600 but my friend bought it off e-bay unopened for round 350. so i am getting subs for half price so 75 each, box for 20 if i want it (cheap box) and the amp for 200

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
That is a really good deal. And you will have rattling no matter what you do unless you know how to hunt them down and kill them with different techniques. My brother always uses either a ported or bandpass design to send the ports through the rear deck of his cars and that alone almost eliminates rattling.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i might just buy the box and amp for 220...... the amp is built to run dual voice coil at 4 ohms so i am gonna go bigger. i don't want to pund the shit out of my trunk tho. i am buying dynomat and facinf the subs toward the seats.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
mrjackson2000 said:
brandonarenas said:
your trunk'll rattle no matter what subs you use, i had two jensen 6x9's and they rattled the hell outta my trunk
thats not always true, i have 2 12" CVR's and my trunk doesn't rattle and i havent done anything to it
You're not pushing a lot of power either..... :wink:

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
4uhataz said:
mrjackson2000 said:
brandonarenas said:
your trunk'll rattle no matter what subs you use, i had two jensen 6x9's and they rattled the hell outta my trunk
thats not always true, i have 2 12" CVR's and my trunk doesn't rattle and i havent done anything to it
You're not pushing a lot of power either..... :wink:
thats why i put that "not always" in there, i know it's possible

·
Registered
769 Posts
I get next to no rattle with 2 Soundstream SPL 10's, but I'm also running them on an amp of undetermined power as well. Been trying to get the specs from Yamaha for years but they keep wanting to make me buy the manuals for it. For now I'm just running the amp cuz I had it sitting around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.