J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... i have a 93 Cavalier with the spoiler that looks like a bikerack and i just put a 760 watt amp in.. it sounds really good on the inside but it sucks on the outside cause all u hear is rattling because of my license plate and the spoiler. does anyone know how to tighten it or pad it?? or is anyone else having this problem??

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have never seen a 93 with a rack, but anyways. i have a 90 with the rear rack and it used to rattle. there are two small screws on the bottom at each end of the top piece. i think it either takes an allen key or small torque driver, i dont remember. i just tightened those two screws and the spoiler stopped rattling. To make the plate stop rattling just put the bottom screws on, and make sure there all tight.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Put Dynamat or carpet pad or some other thick fabric or adhesive rubber sheet on the back of your lic. plate, inside trunk around lock mechanism, and get rid of the rack and get a spoiler.

·
Registered
11 Posts
there are four bolts holding the wing on if you have a rear tail light,if not then there are only two,tighten them,if that dont work remove them.for the tail lights dont spend a fat waud on dynomat,use cotton,ceap and it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts