J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my a/c on today, and all of the sudden it statred to not blow much air at all, I had it on high and it went down like it was on low. I turned it off , and then back on and it went back to full power for a minute then went to low again. I was wondering if this is the nature of the blower motor going bad? Anyone know what it could be? Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes, that is a symptom of a motor going bad if it starts up fast but loses speed on max setting. On the high setting the blower motor gets battery voltage, it doesnt go through the resistor. Is is possible (also probable) that the evaporator coil has some plugging ( mine did) looking at the age of these cars but that would not explain it starting strong than getting weak. Check the voltage at the motor when you start it and later when it gets weak. If the voltage is the same than you probably need a new blower motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.