J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hehehe... yup, that makes 3 cavs I currently own and 4th ive owned. This one is a 90 2dr. It was in a wreck, and its rusted out, no engine, broken windows... you may be asking 'burn, why woud u buy that?!' well ill tell ya; because it has the 282 5spd trans, the good dash & cluster, ECM, harnesses, drive shafts, aluminum rad, shifter cables, larger front & rear sway bars, strut tower brace and good tires. I want the car just as a donor car, im gonna gut everything outta it and use the parts for my 3400 swap. I paid $200 for the car, and I sold the wheels for $100, plus the wrecker will give me $50 for whatever is left. So i basically got everything I need for the swap less the engine itself for $50! id say thats a damn sweet deal! especially since the tranny has new syncros & forks in it. I pick the car up in 3 weeks when I move, cuz we have 5 cars in a 2 car driveway right now and there is no possibly way to put it at my house. The new place wont have 2 of the cars (ex-roommates to be) and the driveway is 4 cars long plus a garage. its gonna be an AMAZING winter....

(ill post pics once i have it)

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
nice job, its nice to have parts cars, i have one of my own, granted i cant use anything in the interior, since they're different generations.. but i can still use the motor parts and stuff

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know that its a 282 because it currently has a 3.1L in it. but the engine has been built up and the guy dosent want to sell the engine. So hes gonna pull the engine but leave the trans in. im gonna sell any parts I can, then junk the rest.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx man.

yea, i have a 90 already for a winter beater, but come spring its gonna be transformed into my autoX car. I need all the parts from the other 90 for parts. Its gonna be sweet...

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey man, ive been around.. busy working & school & now im moving (again). Im not worried about the guy taking anything else. I havent given him any money yet so its no concern. Once I have this car, only parts Ill need is an EGR & clutch. Ill still need a custom motor mount but that stuff I can get later.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.