J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hear a "squeek squeek squeek" driving the vert. We toss it up on the lift and start looking. Looks like my Bracket that holds my CV axle (passenger side) is snapped in half. We have a parts car here but It's auto so I'm thinking the bracketts are different. I tried www.car-parts.com but there's nothing listed under "CV bracket" what should I be looking for?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
jakerooni said:
So I hear a "squeek squeek squeek" driving the vert. We toss it up on the lift and start looking. Looks like my Bracket that holds my CV axle (passenger side) is snapped in half. We have a parts car here but It's auto so I'm thinking the bracketts are different. I tried www.car-parts.com but there's nothing listed under "CV bracket" what should I be looking for?
There is no bracket on an auto. there is also no jackshaft. the tailstock of the trans takes up all that space.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yep, the dreaded intermediate shaft bracket. Dealer says it's a discontinued part. It's also called a jack shaft. Look under Axle shaft. I'm looking for one myself.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
yeah, i've never seen just that part for sale, new. I've only ever seen it used. You'll probably have to find it through here someone parting out a 5 speed, or a junkyard 5 speed car. if i'da known a month ago i could snagged you one off a 5 speed v6 'retta that was at the one here, but they crushed it :cry:

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea called up 5 JY in the area with nill results. No one seems to have these lying around. and the bad part is I can't go to a yard and pull it myself. You have to get underneath the car to get it. The cars around here are usually buried to the rockers in muck and then others stacked on top. It would have to be a needle in a haystack to get everything right for me to pull it myself.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Jake,

Call a few dealers. I've bought 2 new ones in the past couple years. Even if they are discontinued, chances are there's a few laying around.

If you need the part #, let me know and I'll dig thru my pile of receipts.

- Frank

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks frank. I might have you do that for me anyways. But I think i stuck gold on it. At my 7th JY call the guy said he had a few lying around and it would be $35 for one. No clue if that's a deal or a rip off but at this point it's the only place in the area that has what I need. (hopefully) If it comes back wrong as the wrong part (I'm sending someone to get it right now thats already on a parts run) I'll just toss up my hands and try to get one new if you can get that number for me.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
jakerooni said:
Thanks frank. I might have you do that for me anyways. But I think i stuck gold on it. At my 7th JY call the guy said he had a few lying around and it would be $35 for one. No clue if that's a deal or a rip off but at this point it's the only place in the area that has what I need. (hopefully) If it comes back wrong as the wrong part (I'm sending someone to get it right now thats already on a parts run) I'll just toss up my hands and try to get one new if you can get that number for me.
I just pulled out the folder. I'm 99% sure this is it:

Part # 22548606 for $27.21

And those clowns NEVER cut me a break. That's full list.

- Frank

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ugg just called the local dealership and sure enough. That part is dicontinued but GM sent all that stock to the Vintage collection. (for old stock of dicontinued parts apparently) and brand new $35. So I missed the parts run, she's already on her way back with my used one for $35 when I could've had a new one for that much.... :( :( ... Ah well as long as it works I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.