J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find an answer on what i have to do to swap a phase 1 z-bumper to a phase 2 (91Z). Will the phase 1 bumper look right with the phase 2 lights? And most importantly, will everything fit?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Krazybaddude
When I swap my phase 1 z-bumper to a phase 2 it pretty much fit but the problem was that the phase 1 metal core bumper left the outer portion of the phase 2 bumper lose. it looked right, but when you bumped or moved the outer (plastic) bumper up or down, it wiggled meaning that their was slack inside. It was OK till I found the right inter metal bumper from the phase 2 which left the outer bumper nice and tight. No more wiggling.
As for the lights? It looked OK but when I got the whole front end I did it all. I say from 1 through 10? Ill give it a 7. Its up to you... But it did look good.

I say if you have the time, keep the phase 1 inter metal bumper, but put a spacer maybe foam in between the metal and the plastic, which would keep it from wiggling. Plus if you get hit by any chance the Phase 2 metal bumper wont tear your front end off or mess up the front frame. With the phase 1 metal bumper, the absorbers will bend and cause less damage. But its just a thought.
If you have anymore questions im here, but Im pretty sure everyone here will give a hand to.

FRONT, BACK, SIDE TO SIDE, ILL BE HITTING THE SWITCHES TILL THE DAY THAT I DIE!!

"VOTE FOR AS CAR OF THE MONTH"
http://www.v6z24.com/registry/interceptor/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.