J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at buying a ste of drifz venmon wheels are 17 by 7 with a 40 mm offset i'm looking at running a 215/45R17 on them with sprint 1.7 drop springs i'm just curious as to what rubbing issues i'll have up front if any

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
yeah that offset is what confuses the hell out of me. But I would think it would be ok. I believe the factory is a 40MM offset according to the sticky.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought factory is 42mm but i've heard that the gtu wheels are 40 and those are what i have one the car right now

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
i have 17x7, 40mm offset and 1.7" lower and i rub. You will need to take your splash guards out for sure or else it will chew up your tires pretty good. You will also have to roll the fender lips. However, it mostly hits on medium/big sized bumps.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i'll have to give it a shot when i get the car back and the wheels on but i was planing on shavin the inner lip in the wheel wells

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.