J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing an 89 Z24 Conv with 170,000 miles on it and I'm looking for some advice.
Aside from the usual things to check, what should I be concerned with that is specific to this particular car. i.e. what are the common issues or problems associated with car, the 2.8L or Auto trans etc...??
Right now, the Air Cond. doesn't work (big suprise), the cruise control isn't working, and the drivers window works, but it's loose in the tracks. The power top works like a dream and the ingine sounds and runs great. Everything else is in great shape, body and all.
Any suggestions/comments are welcome.
levi~

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive also got an 89 (not convertable), but how long should i expect this thing to run? There is a little body damage on the front right side and I want to get it fixed. With 113,000 miles, would it be worth the $1000 to restore the look? The car runs great, and the plugs show no problem. Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey i dont want to be left out...
my 96 has 75,000 runs like a dream and my 92 that my sis drives has 170,000 and it runs as good as the one i drive

·
Registered
50 Posts
ive got an 89 z with 172,000 miles on it. it runs like a charm. but the cruise doesnt work. must just be a typical problem with these cars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 88 Z and It has like 176,000 on it and it is still runnin great but it was a one owner and well taken care of....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 88 Z and It has like 176,000 on it and it is still runnin great but it was a one owner and well taken care of....

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 92 has 170K miles on it. You guys with cruise control problems, check the servo under the hood. The rubber diaphragm cracks internally sometimes. They are cheap at a junkyard, lots of interchangeability.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have an 89 z convertible, 147,000 miles on it. only problems here are that it has a bad engine mount and is in need of a car wash

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have a Z that has 266 000 km on it and runs strong and i just bought another one that has
232 000 kms and runs great and the cruise still works

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.