J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know that the week before the bash my Cavalier decided to throw a rod. Well, after numerous phone calls from the shop I would normally go to (playing phone tag), they found a used motor for the car with 35k miles but it'll be about $3k after everything to get it in the car. I've decided to junk it......I'm looking for a new car now. Probably not a J this time unfortunately.

I'm going Thursday to wish my car a farewell to it's resting place.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
good decision. you can find another J for half that.

so unless you planned on swapping a 3400 and getting free labor than screw it.

BUT, you probably should have parted it out on here before junking it. How much did they give you ?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MrPaulo said:
good decision. you can find another J for half that.

so unless you planned on swapping a 3400 and getting free labor than screw it.

BUT, you probably should have parted it out on here before junking it. How much did they give you ?
the car isn't worth parting out.....trust me. i bought it for $900 and nothing on it was in decent shape. $200 for the car....but i'll get that thursday when i drop off the title and get the plates.

·
Banned
3,105 Posts
jakerooni said:
scott0999 said:
3k to replace the engine?? damn I'm in the wrong business :lol:
No shit... Our mechanic charges $200 to change motors on anything. $3000 is insane.
I need to talk to your mechanic, lol! $200 is redicilous, getting brake pads on my truck is going to cost more than that..

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
cost me $1000 to do the 3400 swap myself as well as 3 2.8's for $600.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.