J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i got some very back news i was just recently hit on the back qauter panel on the passenger side of my car and it bent my wheel in and messed up the quater panel if sombody and a passenger side quater panel on rear axle to fit a 91 z24 i'd love to know cuz with going through my parents spliting up this summer the car was all i had left so i'm hoping with your guys help i can find the parts to fix it

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude. I will keep my eyes and ears open on parts for ya. I have to go to the jy tomorrow anyway to pick up a gas tank and sending unit for my buddys buick regal. and i am sure they have some good j-bodys out there. so i will have a look at it and see if they are worth while pulling the parts off.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
np i'm doing some looking here and i'm contacting the jy tomarrow about getting a panel i wounder does anybody know if i can get a reproduction one

·
Registered
263 Posts
Do you have a C-max or a Napa in your area? I have inquired about that also and have found that they can get them thru another company. I cant remember the company that they can get them thru but If you would like I can find out tomorrow about that also for you??

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sure man i'll check into it here but if u can find out htere that would be great man this is the reason i love this site everybody is so willing to lend a hand hugh props go out to all the guys and gals here thanxs so much

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck man!! i'll check c-max here as well tomorrow. I might be able to still get my discount, i'll let ya know!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just an update here phone all over the place and the junk yard has the parts $35 for rear axle if i take it off which isn't a problem and $35 for the quater if i take it off and they won't do it for me but how do i get it off

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
made some calls and can't find an aftermarket one which sucks and a new one is over 400 bucks but i did manage to find a passenger side rear clip for 150 bucks the guy is going to check the condition of it and let me know but if the insurance companies rules it as his falut and dependin on how much i get a new one would be nice but i want to buy my wheels so the 150 buck one is where i'm leading toward for now

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey booboo. Just called to the auto stores in my area napa, cmax, bensons. and they no longer make the rear quarters for cavalier 2 doors :( . sorry. If you would like i can still check out the scrap yard for a rust free one

the rear quarter panels have to be cut off using an angle grinder or torches. and then have to be welded back in. that is how i am pretty sure they have to be removed.. Weird why the no longer make them. I was tempted to call the dealer but you know what kind of price i am going to get from them. sorry again

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
there are a few ways to get the quarter of torches are the worst to much heat will warp the metal, grinder will work good or use a 1/4 or 3/8 hole saw and cut the spotwelds this is time consumeing but by far the best way!!! Also i called around noone will even look in their computor for that here they jjust say no can't get it, gm dealer want's $1200 and say it has to be shiped in from U.S. but looks like yur makin out pretty good. Where did u find the new quarter for $400? Good luck man hope ya get her fixed up without to much trouble!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
yuck. i hate reciprocating saws. cept for when cutting cars in half. better idea is to use the grinder to take off the spot welds. then you have a near perfect piece of metal with minimal damage.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the 486 buck one is from gm dealer but i just got a mint passenger side rear clip for 150 bucks it's on hold for me and 35 bucks for axle thanxs again guys and i'm just buying the clip and letting the bodyshop take it apart

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got and axle for free woot woot now should i spend the extra money and do the rear disc ummmmm it can wait i tihnk

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
booboo said:
the 486 buck one is from gm dealer but i just got a mint passenger side rear clip for 150 bucks it's on hold for me and 35 bucks for axle thanxs again guys and i'm just buying the clip and letting the bodyshop take it apart
Great to hear that things are commin togather for ya dude!! Those bastards told me 1200 dammit i coulda saved my old z afterall ah well sunbird is in better shape anyways lol!! good luck dude mad props to good deals!!! :wink:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.