J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm still having air intake issues i think....

car runs smoother now that the vac lines have all been redone and that the TB housing was changed.

but now, whenever i come to a stop say at a traffic light, the car just drops drops drops until it reaches 0 rpm... Ironically though, it's a nice smooth drop, you don't even feel it ... i mean i looked completely dumb when i tried to peel out and the car was OFF LOL

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
could be the tcc solenoid on your transmission. unplug it and see if it cures your problem.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it did it after i redid all the vac lines,

and today it rained alot and the car was running super well... well rpm drops coming to a stop, but doesn't stall out.

i'm thinking FPR may have a bad vac line, i tried to jam it in as far as i could but couldn't tighten down the ti-wrap enough.
will be doing this 2morrow.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just for kicks, when was the last time you added some dry gas to the tank? Periodically when I get some moisure in my tank the engine will die when I let off the gas and put the clutch in. Adding a bottle of Isopropal seems to help. If the problem presented itself after a heavy rain maybe there is a connection...

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
whitelightning2 said:
Yep, sounds like a small vac leak or maybe your IAC isn't plugged in.. lol
X2....map sensor...?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
americanz24 said:
whitelightning2 said:
X2....map sensor...?
X3 crank position sensor pontiac 6000 my father had did the same thing that's what it was

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
hpjunkie said:
americanz24 said:
whitelightning2 said:
X2....map sensor...?
X3 crank position sensor pontiac 6000 my father had did the same thing that's what it was
You know actually the crank sensor could be a good possiblity. Happened to me before. You should take it out and see if there's any small cracks in it for sure. Never hurts to check.... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.