J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i did my exaust, and took of the catalytic converter, would i still be able to pass air care????? My dad said i might not be able to but u guys no more about cavaliers...and how much better sound would i get if i removed it???

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey patterson
ill let ya know right now if you do take off the cat's you wont pass the emissions test's but you will get a bit of horsepower gain and a beautiful sound coming out of the exhaust....i know this cause alot of my friends have that done to their car's and most of them are mechanic's and deal with the testing's everyday....i think its worth it but it does depend how many times you have to get tested cause there a pain to put on and off everytime....hope i helped a little
jimmy

[ This Message was edited by: jimmys on 2001-06-18 20:33 ]

·
Registered
415 Posts
It may also have an effect on the emissions of your car and it may not run as well. Go with a high flow cat and be legal and kind to the air. They are not much more for the high flow compared to the OEM.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
I have to agree. There isnt really much difference in performance between a high flow cat and no cat. And if you are being emissions tested, you would definately fail without one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.