J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help, I am looking to buy a cd player for my car and I have decided on the $200 sony version or the $200 pioneer version (with just factory speakers) if anyone knows which one would sound better/better bass quality, stuff like that, please tell me what you think.....thanks

[ This Message was edited by: gregl_85 on 2001-11-16 19:24 ]

·
Registered
129 Posts
heh.. it dont matter on the cd player. now a-days everything is so close to being the same thing it aint funny. pref go for some of the newer brands of anything seeing how as they fixed many of the bugs and such in them. i still love my Panasonic 200u its got a wicked display and it suits my car well (silver and blue )

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would defiantly go with the pioneer. Because the pioneer has a built in equalizer and if you buy a new one it can pick up the new xm frequency. The sony doesn't have either of these features, but don't get me wrong the sony is still a good receiver.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Forget Pioneer and Sony, buy a real stereo, buy an Alpine. You can get a good Alpine for about $205. Deal with it that it doesnt have cool grahics. Its an excellent radio!!! I have a three year old Alpine 7834, bass is awesome.
Oh yea go to a small local stereo shop that deals with Alpines dont go to a Circuit City type deal to buy any radio stuff.

·
Registered
527 Posts
really how much did you pay for it? I know someone who paid 200+ for his and it doesn't have an equalizer. Even the new decks with the black face don't have one unless you buy one of the more expensive ones?

·
Registered
37 Posts
has it ever occured to you that maybe people don't like to have opinions forced on them. I mean just because you like alpine does not mean that everyone will.
I have a sony I paid about 215$ for and I am very pleased with it. but I don't go around telling everyone to buy sony do I?

G

·
when i type in my name it says that name has already been taken. so i thought i was already logged in. so anyways who wants to buy my car :D

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Since this section allows anonymous posts, you have to log in before you try to post, otherwise it will assume you want to post anonymously, and if you try to enter in your username there, it wont let you.

G

·
MY friend has a Sony Xplod 620M (or someting like that)
Its the one with the cool screen that flips down so u can insert cd, and it hs the silver thing where all the buttons are. He has owned it for 3 months, payed $500 cnd. 4 it.
He says it always skipps, while his brothers Pioneer can take a real beating before skipping.
THe Sony looks/sounds awesome, WHEN it works. He had to send it on 3 times because the motorized faceplate wasnt working and because it also wouldn play cds. Right now its working, but it still skipps all the time.
IM still deciding on brand to buy, sofar Im considering Pioneer, Panasonic and JVC. (in the $200cnd. price range)

I know that everyone has their own oppinion on whats good/bad, but I have heard a lot of complaints about the Xplod recievers (mostly about it skipping).

-John

·
Registered
375 Posts
I can't say anything about other decks other than Pioneer cause thats what I've always used, But i've had 2 (upgraded from the DEH 425 to last years single) and never any problems.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just bought the 2002 Sony Xplod deck, and it is the buttonless version. It has two remotes, but I don't think I am going to use the other one since I have no good place to mount it. The place where I bought it from told me that Sony was supposed to have stepped up all of their products for 2002, and now I believe him. I have not had any skipping problems, and I bought it for 289 canadian (originally 350 or somethin) So I think Sony is good, and here's a pic of mine.

<LINK_TEXT text="http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?CATE ... CDX-CA860X">http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?CATEGORY=CD&MD=CDX-CA860X</LINK_TEXT>

·
Registered
679 Posts
a friend of mine swears by blaupunkt. he's had it in his chevy 4X4 for about a year now, and i've never heard it skip. and we've taken that thing evevywhere! not trying to push blaupunkt on you, i'm just supporting frostbyte. evrything is made almostexactly the same anymore......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts