J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a stoplight next to my buddy leaving from work. the road was an onramp to the highway so no speed limit :D

He was in the right lane, i was in the left, and the right lane merges into the left further up the road. Light goes green and he knows whats going on, he floors it, i did a light tip in then hammered it to avoid a stand still burnout. We were dead even the whole time, then he had to let off to merge behind me :D

Z24 = 1, Charger = 0

I talked to him today at his desk and he was like... wtf you got in that cavalier. hahahaha I love it.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
actualy i seen a thing on speed where the new charger r/t's only runs a mid 14. so i dont doubt this one. good kill

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
penn said:
Yea, I've seen crazier things happen, but that is a pretty big power difference.
power to weight ratio man.... :roll: The rwd ones only run 14.4's

the AWD ones have 200 extra pounds plus a 2" lift kit!!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yea I was watching launch hour on speed channel. They were guessing the 1/4 mile time for a charger, and when it ran it only went like a 14.6 or something. That was even with a couple mods I think.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I'ld believe it. Charger is probably like my SHO (which I'm driving today.. Z24 is at the doctors)

Its heavier, so It kinda bogs off the line, but just wait till yer rollin and the speed comes on quickly. Pass ya on the HWY No prob.

Also, remember, the charger had to let off before running out of road.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Little_Dragon said:
I'ld believe it. Charger is probably like my SHO (which I'm driving today.. Z24 is at the doctors)

Its heavier, so It kinda bogs off the line, but just wait till yer rollin and the speed comes on quickly. Pass ya on the HWY No prob.

Also, remember, the charger had to let off before running out of road.
^ yup. ^ I know my car isn't faster than the charger, but it can hang with it.....for now *evil grins*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.