J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
The paint job definately looks sweet. The entire car looks sweet, actually. Except for one thing...the wing Just a personal opinion.

I like the look of the dual exhaust, but I hope it was cold out when you took those pics, otherwise I would be concerned about that white smoke...

·
Registered
534 Posts
That is a pretty sweet paint job there. I have to agree with Moon on the wing though. I've never really been a fan of those type. Are the hood pins functional, or are they for looks? If they are functional, then I like 'em.

Just a couple of questions for ya:
1) Where did you get it done?
2) How much did it cost?
3) Did you get any body work done before the paint job?
4) If so, what did you do and how much was that?

Basically, I'm looking at getting mine done in the spring. It is gonna need minor body work to clean up some rust. I'm thinking about painting it red again. I am also going to be lowering my car by an inch and going with lower profile tires.

Look at my car and let me know what you think.

P.S.
Nice colour!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback!

Answering your questions:
I got it done @ Maaco. They have a couple of different quality choices. I chose the best "Signature Series". Which is 3 coats of base and 3 coats of clear coat. The paint job cost $1200 with 5 day rental, minor body work, and color change (It was Blue before) The hood pins are fully functional you can get them @ Canadian Tire for about $15 and the are good quality stainless steel.

Peace Out Guys I have to get back to work!! Baby needs a new skirt Package!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Man the silver looks rediculously good. When you open the hood, the trunk or the doors, can you tell the car was blue before, or did they paint everything that was blue? Damn $1200 sounds like a good deal (you mean canadian right?)
I'm getting mine painted next spring for the same price but only with one base coat and 2 clear coats. I guess maybe I should look somewhere else if you were able to get 3 coats plus 3 clear coats for the same price. It's too bad the closest Maaco is Halifax...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
This might sound stupid, but what are the hood-pins for?????

-John

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey man your paint job looks bad ass. I was just wondering how much would it cost to paint it the same color or does that not matter.

·
Registered
97 Posts
my friend got maaco job, and his sucked. He got the top of the line paint service. $700 US.
dont rely on the paint job for too long, you will see some bubbles start to appear and probably some fading soon.

·
Registered
679 Posts
How much is $1200 in american cash?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The paint job comes with a 5 year gloss warranty, but the rust warranty is only one year. Anyways by then this car will be my winter beater!!!!!
I know the spoiler looks tacky now, but when I get the fx skirts, Sparco seats along with a custom interior and stereo it will look TIGHT!!!!

HOLLA BACK!!!!!!

P.S. I EAT RICE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts