J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
they look good bu i wouldnt put them in my car, them i would have to swap out the vinyl or it would look like ass

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
yes, seen 'em and i have to say they are the MOST uncomfortable seat there is. don't expect to do any long driving in them....... it feels like a wooden bench with a 1/4" of foam padding......

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
bezal said:
I like Bumpin_z's seats. Don't really care for racing seats.
MUhawwaaaa! I have made someone see the light. Now just imagine if you woulda sat in them;) They are hella comfy. Maybe that's why I kept falling asleep on my way to Iowa :-?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
They looked really comfy.. next time u need to make me sit in them. I got accelerators foot and steering wheel arm. I couldn't fall asleep. My foot was locked in the accelerate position, and my heel hurt really bad. Then my arm was locked straight for holding the steering wheel for 10 hours.. i almost feel alseep goin back tho. Just about ran myself off the road.

·
Banned
544 Posts
We had a few sets of those APC seats at my old work... Heres what i think of them...

-NOT very comfy at all. im 6 feet, and they dont fit well at all.
-they feel like a wooden seat coverd in cheap fabric.
-the recline knobs are cheezy and plastic
-the sliders SUCK! cheaply made
-APC is stitched in the seat, so it wont come off.

overall, dont buy them. they are CHEAP ($650cdn for two) but they arent something I would want to drive in. I have 3rd gen seats in my car right now and id take the 3rd gen seats over the apc ones.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you sure you guys seen the seat pictured above? Look closely, they just came out. They are the G2 seats, and are listed as bigger and softer than the seats shown below V

APC's old seat design

APC's new design

You can tell by looking at them that they are softer and bigger.

The old ones are sold through JCWhitney. Not calling you guys liars, but these just came out recently, thats why I asked if anyone saw them yet.

G

·
yeah i saw those in a red trans am ...... (made me wanna slap the mother fucker), dude if your gonna do it, do it right! save some more money and get a better name!

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
yup, those are the ones i saw. I was in there recently and had seen them there and while waiting i had to have a "fell" and they don't even compare to the R1 racing seats and the R1's are about the same price :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
mrsmoonwell said:
bumpin_z said:
bezal said:
I like Bumpin_z's seats. Don't really care for racing seats.
MUhawwaaaa! I have made someone see the light. Now just imagine if you woulda sat in them;) They are hella comfy. Maybe that's why I kept falling asleep on my way to Iowa :-?
they were comfy on the bleachers too!! :)
ya they were pretty comfy, but your covers were drafty Ami. Looks like i will have to bring some thick ones next time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.