J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, my friend wants me to put a new high-flow catty converter and a cherry bomb for my exhaust. I wanted a high-flow with a Flowmaster delta series 60 muffler for it. Which one would yield the best results both horsepower and sound?

Also, if I get the flowmaster, should I get offset output or center output? I have a pipe diameter of 2.25," so would I get the 2.25 input/output?

Korey :moon:

· Premium Member
17,295 Posts
I would get the Flowmaster. It sounds good on my V6, but I have heard the 40 series of 4 cylinders and they are way too loud. Now I dont know how much quieter the 60 series is, but you may want to check it out before getting one.

Go with the 2.25" in and out.

Brad

· Registered
1,401 Posts
go with the fowmaster. i had a cherrybomb on my 2.2 auto and it got on my nerves after a while. its way too loud too. i had it on around november of last year, and i just replaced it in september with a ractive dual tip, best thing i ever did! but yeah, get the flowmaster, no cherrybomb, it will get on your nerves 8)

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alrighty, guys. I'm going Flowmaster Delta Series 60 with high-flow cat (already bought the cat). Any recommendations on a tip? And should I get it offset or centered output?

· Registered
769 Posts
When you get it installed make sure you post up a sound clip. I have been waiting to hear some different 4 cyl. exhausts. I was looking at flowmaster as well. Just not sure what series to go with.

· Registered
1,401 Posts
gannondork said:
I have cherry bombs on my 3/4 ton and headers and I like the sound. They dump right before the rear axle, I bent up the pipe myself with an oxy torch.
cherrybombs and headers on a big engine, cant go wrong with that. i love the sound too. you know youre a ******* when youve got cherrybombs and headers on your truck :lol: its ok, i want a truck like that too!

· Registered
3,090 Posts
i had a cherry bomb as my main muffler on my car for a while and it sounded like wet farts. it was kinda funny actually.

· Registered
769 Posts
I remember hearing the clip of the 1.8 but have been having trouble getting to their page. May be a glitch with my system. Says the page is done loading, but all I get is an empty white page. My machine does this from time to time and I'm not sure why.

· Registered
21 Posts
I have a 40 Series Flowmaster on my 3.1 but i've never heard one on a 4 cyl. I like the way it sounds on my car but i dont know what to tell ya about the 4 cyl. I think flowmaster is a really good muffler. I wouldnt go with a 40 series, maybe 60 for the 4 cyl. For the tip, i just ordered one outta my jegs catalog. Maybe you could find a cool one in jegs or summit... good luck

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well guys, a series 60 from Flowmaster would cost $129.99, but on ebay, you can get one for $59.99 plus shipping/handling. Good luck.

· Registered
5,979 Posts
kornfreak81286 said:
gannondork said:
I have cherry bombs on my 3/4 ton and headers and I like the sound. They dump right before the rear axle, I bent up the pipe myself with an oxy torch.
cherrybombs and headers on a big engine, cant go wrong with that. i love the sound too. you know youre a ******* when youve got cherrybombs and headers on your truck :lol: its ok, i want a truck like that too!
Yeah dude, it's still not loud enough Hahaha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.