J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed lately that between those speeds especially at around 65kph (40mph) I get a little bit of a chug, almost like something is holding the engine back. It happens only when I am going at that speed constantly and am kind of coasting/even declerating. It does not happen when I am accelerating past those speeds. I know it isn't coil,plugs,egr related because I tested all of that. Anybody have any ideas. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
I see that you have an automatic. It is probably the tranny that is holding your engine back. It sounds like the tranny isnt shifting into the correct gear, so the RPM's are too low. I don't think this is a TCC solenoid problem, since you arent having problems with the car dying when coming to a stop. I guess it could be the beginnings of a TCC problem, the solenoid could be locking up too early or something. The next time you car is "chugging", manually shift down to second gear (or first, if you are going slow enough)and see if the RPM's change and you get the power back. It could also be other things, but I would check that first

·
Registered
310 Posts
yeah I think so... Moon has the correct answer

·
Registered
310 Posts
yeah I think so... Moon has the correct answer

·
17,284 Posts
What the hell is this??? This thread is about 3 years old. Please do not bring up old threads for the hell of it.

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.