J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got this amp used off a guy and he said its 100W but i think its more, doesnt say on the case but it pounds my shitty 10" jensen sub till i get my new MTX or somthing similar.

BTW u guys have any good suggestions on 10" subs for under $100 CDN i know i can get an MTX for about $70 at futureshop (god knows why id even look there) but i was wonderin cause my buddie wants my shitty jensen just for some more bass in his chevette

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
what kinda jensen's are they? the jensen titaniums are really good, i have a set and they rattle the hell outta my car. i'm not toosure of any cheap 10" subs for under $100 canadian. and i don't care what anyone says, the jensen titanium subs are awsome, just cuz alot of jensen is crap, doens't mean everything from them are, hear these subs and you will change ur mind

·
Registered
480 Posts
sask_cruiser said:
what kinda jensen's are they? the jensen titaniums are really good, i have a set and they rattle the hell outta my car. i'm not toosure of any cheap 10" subs for under $100 canadian. and i don't care what anyone says, the jensen titanium subs are awsome, just cuz alot of jensen is crap, doens't mean everything from them are, hear these subs and you will change ur mind
I am no stereo guru, but I know a few things about car audio, and I will keep my comments to myself. The one question is, WHY??? You post the same thing over and over and get flamed for it over and over. Will you ever learn?

And back to the question...all I can say is do it <SIZE size="200">eBay</SIZE>

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well yesterday at work one of the guys started his truck and he has 2 12" Punch subs and they are intense, when you get out your eardrums still shake like the sub is still pounding, sask_cruiser my sub is a jensen XS or some shit, i paid $50 for the sub and the amp, just bought it for the amp and figured id hook up the sub till i got a better one, but ya if anyone could tell me how much power the amp is puttin out id really appreciate it cause i can't see it being 100W.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
You can get the Kicker Comp VR's for about 70 us. I don't know what that translates into canadian dollars. But if you want to get into car audio, doing it the cheap way will make you spend twice as much as opposed to saving and getting things of good quality. If I were you, I'd save a bit more and get the Punch HX2 12" sub that sells for about 110us. So I imagine that it's not much more in canadian dollars. Just be patient and buy one thing at a time.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
4uhataz said:
If I were you, I'd save a bit more and get the Punch HX2 12" sub that sells for about 110us. So I imagine that it's not much more in canadian dollars. Just be patient and buy one thing at a time.
Where are they $110. U.S.?

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i kinda want to get a 10" again so i don't have to replace the box, i was thinkin of MTX or JL audio, but ya im heading to a&b sound tonite to look at subs for my friends chevette so ill price them out and get back to u, now that i have all the equipment and stuff i think i want to get a decent setup of just 1 10" cause 2 12s are nuts and way too much bass, the one i have now satisfys my need for bass but the quality is not there.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
4uhataz said:
Spanky...look on e bay. If you're just getting one then I'd get the HX2 10"
I just looked this morning and found 1...... 12" HX2 dual 4ohms........ unfortunately, my amp won't accept a 2ohm load, so i need the dual 2ohm which i can't find..... i'm gonna keep looking tho, may just have to splurge and pick up a 2ohm stable amp......

we shall see, on a tight budget helping to put the wife through school again :)

Thanks for clearing it up tho, thought maybe you had some kind of hook up on them ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.