J-Body Automobiles Forum banner

Classic Truck Problems

576 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DistantReality 
#1 ·
On the same day as my back luck my parents got everything ready to go to James Dean Run in Fairmount Ind. After towing me back at the house in the Blazer they was leaving to go to Indiana. Well he broke down in Whitley City. He said that the truck was also running extremely hot. He said that the alternator was so hot the you could fry an egg on it. Also the block was extremely hot and the battery leaked all over the place. But he said that there was no coolant coming outta the overfull. What could be the problem? He's already pre-registered for James Dean and everything. It's a 1967 Chevy Truck Stepside with a 350V8 in it. Please help due to a timeline!!!!!!

Discussion starter · #4 ·
We already ran the voltage and it said it was alright. Went and got a Fan Spacer and a new fan today. Finally got it one there and it's putting alot more air into the engine bay. We switched batteries and forgot on very logic thing. We had side posts in there for a reason. When we went to put all the chrome dress up kits back on the radiator (Chrome Shroud, Chrome Radiator Cover, etc) we had to put the shroud under the top radiator hose and it just barely touched the top post of the battery and through sparks and caused me to just barely hit the radiator and bust a hole in it. I'm having terrible bad luck and my dad knows a good friend in Whitley City so he went to go get another Radiator for $25.

I believe the good man upstairs is making all this happen because I believe in the saying "Everything happens for a Reason."

Discussion starter · #6 ·
DistantReality said:
Cant really help you with your problem but please tell me he didn't leave it sitting on the side of the road there. If he did its probably already destroyed. Its pretty rough there. Two school buses wrecked there one day and by the time the cops got there the wheels were off the buses and people living in them. :lol:
That's crazy!!! Didn't know that untill you said so. That's my dad's pride and joy so there was no way he was going to let it stay there. He just let it sit and would drive it a little bit further untill it ran hot again then he would pull over again. We believe that it's the Alternator due to us going through the bloody knuckles of replacing the Radiator, and Fan. The next thing is the alternator. He's going to have it checked tomorrow morning. Then he's heading out to Indiana.

Like I said thanks for the info. Next time I drive through there to go to Somernites Cruise I'll definately cruise by with the windows rolled up and the doors locked!!!!lol

Do you ever go to Somernites Cruise?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.