J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 z24 and have recently created clear corner lenses for the fronts. I have been writing to APC to make them for the 91-94 Zs and make the altezza style tailights for our cars. And euro clear corners. With them not responding i decided to make my own. I have been told by a local performance parts dealer that if enough 91-94 owners start requested they will start production

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i pretty pleased with the way my lights came out. I replaced the bulb to red and it looks hot. I havent seen anyone do it yet so i pretty pleased. Although its easy, then again not many people are trying to uprgrade or make their z unique. I live in Connecticut and every z i see besides the 95 and up are either beat looking or they have simple things like blackouts etc. I also replaced the front directional bulbs to red. I want to replace the headlights with show bulb that are red. But not til spring. I am trying to save every penny to pay off my 18s.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Custom Clear Corners

1. Remove your corner lenses with a Ratchet. (3 nuts on each)
2. Crack the plastic cover on the back around the lenses and remove it.
2. Take the shape of the orange lenses from mirror acrylic. (Home depot /5 bucks)
3. Now place it inside the corner light..
4. Then re-sealed the plastic backing. (all purpose tube sealant)
5. Put your corners back on

·
Registered
129 Posts
well that procedure is a frickin pain... got half way with the popping the lens out and *SNAP!* a piece comes out into my hand... snif* oh well looks like im goin to the recker.
if you attempt this be very careful.. remember that the back plastic dont matter as much as the front plastic.. you can always glue it back together and a very small saw or knife is
the best thing to use but this procedure is hard not to be attempted by the newbie modifiee's

·
Registered
450 Posts
Same problem..

mine is 3/4 the way off but i jsut cant get part of it off...

:(

what is a heat gun? I was thinking hair dryer but that isnt near hot enough..

:(

maybe soaking them in STRAMING HOT water? will loosen the glue?

hmm.. I have no clue.

Mine cracked and it sucks.. I bought this big piece of florcent light co vering too from a home depot store.

So I am not giving up yet!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yea, u gotta be carefull. For one of mine.... well, i'm not very patiaint, and yes, the back cracked. (made it alot easier to get the rest off though, LOL!) around the orange part it is particularly hard to get off, actually soaking it in hot water might help some, so I'd try that. I just jambed a screw driver in it and more or less edged it along. The floresent stuff I used was really clear so I painted the background of it white. It made it look pretty cool. Also I put red bulbs in instead. Is it illigal to have red front signal bulbs instead of orange ones?? I've been wandering that mysef. cuz i want some red ones!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
what years corners will fit a 89 z24?
Do only z24s fit Z24s?
Thank you
AC

I am going to go try to find some this week.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Any 88-90 front marker lights (corners) should fit. A z24 and base model cavs use the same corners, so it doesn't have to be a z24.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts