J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've had my 1991 Sunbird SE for about 5 months now and have had very little problem, but about 2 weeks a problem developed. When I am turning right or hit a bump/go into a driveway, I hear a loud clunk and feel in at my feet. I think it may be the shock's because I believe they are original but i don't know what it really is. Any sugguestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stealth

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Sounds like a ball joint, or possibly a strut mount. More than likely a ball joint however.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
If they find that is the problem, should I get both sides replaced while Im at it?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now it figures. The other side has started doing this during turns and bumps but not as bad as the right. I'm just gonna replace them both...does each side have a upper and lower ball joint or what??? (I haven't delt with my wheels much yet)

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Just one ball joint on each side of the car with MacPherson strut assembly's. Just the lower. They are at the end of the lower control arm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When the temp. falls below freezing the shifter will not move
until the car runs for at least an hour. it did the same thing
last winter, but over the summer I had the transmission rebuilt
with a new clutch and a slave cylinder. This winter is the same
thing. I have replaced the shift cables on three different occasions.
Has any body ever had this problem?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Stealth: goto Cnadian Tire, they'll do a front end check for like $49 .. if how ever you get the repairs done there ( i don't suggest it though) anyways they'll wave the check price if you have them repai it... but i useually goto canadian tire for their front end checks.. there pretty thoural, except thay might want to sell you Brakes, Brake lines, etc... tell them to fuck a=off Hahaha.. j/k just make sure you know what your car does NOT need before you take it anywhere.... I don't trust mechanics, i think they sabatage my car =(...

i haven't had a prob with their checks though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts