J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a sneak peek of a project to come. It may come very soon, unless I find a suitable slave cylinder and/or tube for my 93 Isuzu trans as my 91 setup wont work. A complete new setup is more than replacing everything with these parts and a nice AN line.

Dan

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
dan you sure have a knack for finding these sorts of parts.

i've been thinking on where i could find a better master/slave setup because with the clutch i have it should have a much nicer feel then it actually does. i know this is due to the hydraulics.

MUCH nicer then the stock parts.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are probably lots of places. I got mine from Baker Performance Parts in OH. Great people to deal with. I think all 3 parts were around 125 bux "ish". I only dont know for sure since I havent gotten the bill yet.

It should be around 50 for the master, 50 for the slave and 15 ish for the pusrod, plus ship.

I will probably be having a billet alumnum adaptor block for the firewall made as the firewall is quite angled where the master attaches (you can see how much by checking out the stock master). Maybee Ill see about making up a few if others are interested.

EDIT: I heard there is a pretty good restriction in the ends of the stock plastic tube that connects master and slave (In the metal part of the fitting.) This can be drilled out larger , from 1/16" to liike just over 1/8" or something, which allows for a much better feel. Similar to that of an older mechanical clutch from what Im told.

Dan

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
i'll have to try that. BUT if you're going through getting an adapter plate made up, i would almost be in for the whole deal. its a much nicer system then the stock plastic stuff.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Dan,

Another member here mentioned that some Fiero's might have a metal cylinder instead of plastic. Look at these and see if you think they might help.

Advance Auto can get cheaper ones, although cheaper is a relative term here.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They might work. Its hard to say I suppose.

I need mounting ears roughly at 2 and 8 o'clock. And the end needs to be small enough to fit in the trans. The one that is meant to go on the 93 trans is quite small at hte end, and just has a small simple boot on it.

Dan

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, thats what I thought. I guess Ill just forge on ahead with this new stuff.

If I can get this adaptor block drawn up soonish, it should be a fairly "easy" implementation.

dan

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the slave adaptor bracket about done. It just needs the top part of hte U rounded off a bit, and two spacers to go between the slave mounting tabs and the opposite side of the U. Then Just a couple big 3/8" bolts to bolt it together. I had to put a small notch in the one trans bracket (ill snag a pic of that tonight).

Dan

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
treeZ24 said:
i'll have to try that. BUT if you're going through getting an adapter plate made up, i would almost be in for the whole deal. its a much nicer system then the stock plastic stuff.
I have a metal master, just a plastic Slave. But the idea of using -4 or -6 line instead of that hard plastic bullshit makes it worth it.

Especially if you're pulling a trans that damned plastic i'm afraid i'm gonna break (the line)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
where the hell did you find a metal master cylinder?? can you adapt it to -6an easily?

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
EDIT: I heard there is a pretty good restriction in the ends of the stock plastic tube that connects master and slave (In the metal part of the fitting.) This can be drilled out larger , from 1/16" to liike just over 1/8" or something, which allows for a much better feel. Similar to that of an older mechanical clutch from what Im told.
This would be a PITA as there is no way to bleed the stock slave/actuator, correct ??

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Almost forgot. I got alot more done today.

The mounting bracket is done minus the spacers need to have the center holes drilled on the lathe. That and I need to cut the actuator rod to length etc. As promised a pic of hte tiny bit of trans mount i had to notch.

I also got the fitting out of the plastic tube. I may see if I can braze a -3 male fitting onto it for now. Then in a month or so, when the car is away again (Im assuming it does come out) Ill get the new master in.

Dan

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.