J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Did you check the resistance of the new sensor before you installed it?
Yes. I tried it showed 99.9 using M. Ohms I don’t think I’m using the correct settings on the tester I’m found a different meter will try again this afternoon
a

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well I don’t think your helping matters.. I don’t know if you were serious because I don’t know you from Adam.. it seems that you could have said.. hey im just kidding after you made the comment.. water under the bridge.. im not a liberal.. or a snowflake (one in the same) im just trying not to drain my bank account on this repair.. im a 30 year automotive tech.. but I haven’t worked on z24 in years.. im thinking I may have a bad esc or signal wire at the esc.. problem is I can only check wire continuity.. without a oscilloscope I’m screwed… my scanner is a otc Obd 1 and 2 ….I can read all the data and at retard at 30 I can’t drive it .. thanks oh by the way I have a Haynes 1982-1994 repair manual.. found a lot of wire schematics thx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
WELL HERE IS A UPDATE))))
I soldered two 11k resistors together on the knock sensor line ang grounded the end to metal..so that stop retard timing from 30 percent to 0!.. then out of nowhere after a few days it threw a o2 lean 43 I think..and it was stuck in open loop and dumping fuel big time … so after checking I just checked the map and replaced it and that fixed my problem!!! Now the esc code is back 30 percent knock again..so I’m now going to replace the esc tomorrow..I will check in and let someone know …who’s going though this also.. also changed out the eprom chip and it didn’t fix the knock code ..then the ac stopped working with a salvage yard ecm I FOUND OUT THE REASON THE A/C WAS NOT WORKING..FROM THE SALVAGE YARD IS BECAUSE THE EPROM … NOT THE ECM CONTROLLS THE A/C FUNCTION!! WOT THAT WAS THE NOT WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts