J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a retarded car right now...recently my check engine lights been on and off at random. I checked my codes and got the following---->23 and a 32.

The 23 is (Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor circuit (low temperature)) Should I just replace the sensor?

The 32 is Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) failure---> (Check the vacuum source and all vacuum lines. Check the EGR valve or ECM as necessary)
I know my car has a shitty idle and I just replaced the EGR valve not more than a year ago so I know its prolly not bad. However it was from Autozone :-? Could I just have a bad vacuum line? Any suggestions on what to look at? Sorry guys, Any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
i would check your vaccuum lines first being that they would be the cheapest to replace.

·
Registered
837 Posts
you know, that one house on that one road off of that other road... :D

dunno if it helps, but i'm bored, so here comes a doodle/diagram lol

i'm goin to work on making a box for my sub(s) now to go in the empty spare tire tub. hopefully it'll work and i won't waste more wood lol

·
Registered
769 Posts
i'm goin to work on making a box for my sub(s) now to go in the empty spare tire tub. hopefully it'll work and i won't waste more wood lol
Fiberglass would work wonders for this, and the only wood wasted would be the top cap.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fock me...what was I thinkin I knew that :oops: I can imagine the EGR is bad already though :-? It's less than a year old.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It may not be bad, but depending on how the motor has been running, you may have a pintle stuck open in the valve. Take the valve off and make sure that none are stuck open. also push on the pintles with a small screwdriver to make sure that they move freely. But your probably right, if its not even a year old, its probably ok :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.