J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem ive had. ive had 3 2.8's and a 3.1 in my 88 z24. the first two 2.8's had 3or4 rods knocking at onece and the 3.1's oil pump went out and locked up the engine. my current motor, 2.8, is still running strong. anyone else have serious trouble like me?

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
havent had anything like that happen to me......*crosses fingers*

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
I've read a lot of posts in this forum. (every one for the past year and a half) and I have not heard too much about this type of problem. It does not stick out as a common problem. Now in the early 3100 motors it is a little more common!

Brad

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
My 87z 2.8 has a knock when its hot, but has never gotten worse, its been doing it for a year and a half. The car is still strong and fast. The sound is on the passenger side, front of engine closer to the bottom. I have asked a few people about it and they cant tell me anything. Im not experienced with engines internally or any sounds they would make.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have heard of this. Although it is really not too common. One of the main things that I have found is that it has to do with weak lifters. I have even heard of brand new lifters causing the same problem. :roll: It is very bothersome but can be fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.