J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious what commonly misspelled things you guys hear often

heres the ones I hear alot:

rear DISK brakes

ADVANCED auto parts

and if your really wondering, the ones in caps are WRONG lol!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,044 Posts
"BREAK" when it should be "brake"
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,044 Posts
scott0999 said:
lol, I should start a list of these :lol:
Isn't that what this thread was for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
theres other things besides words miss-spelt that tick me off.

wheel or rim. its a wheel. the rim is whats around the wheel and there isn't much of it.

engine or motor. engine: internal combustion
motor: electric
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,044 Posts
andystepper said:
theres other things besides words miss-spelt that tick me off.

wheel or rim. its a wheel. the rim is whats around the wheel and there isn't much of it.

engine or motor. engine: internal combustion
motor: electric
*BIG BUZZER SOUND FROM THE FAMILY FUED*

Wrong on both accounts.

A rim is a type of wheel, usually used to describe an aftermarket or aluminium/custom type of wheel.

I used to think the same think about "engine" and "motor", look up the definition of "motor" in the dictionary, "motor" can be used to describe either electric or internal combustion sources.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,245 Posts
Six_Shooter said:
andystepper said:
theres other things besides words miss-spelt that tick me off.

wheel or rim. its a wheel. the rim is whats around the wheel and there isn't much of it.

engine or motor. engine: internal combustion
motor: electric
*BIG BUZZER SOUND FROM THE FAMILY FUED*

Wrong on both accounts.

A rim is a type of wheel, usually used to describe an aftermarket or aluminium/custom type of wheel.

I used to think the same think about "engine" and "motor", look up the definition of "motor" in the dictionary, "motor" can be used to describe either electric or internal combustion sources.
That's, "feud".
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,153 Posts
The sheer number of grammar and spelling errors in this thread (aside from those intentional to show the common misspellings) is astounding. It's kind of ironic... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
suberix said:
Six_Shooter said:
andystepper said:
theres other things besides words miss-spelt that tick me off.

wheel or rim. its a wheel. the rim is whats around the wheel and there isn't much of it.

engine or motor. engine: internal combustion
motor: electric
*BIG BUZZER SOUND FROM THE FAMILY FUED*

Wrong on both accounts.

A rim is a type of wheel, usually used to describe an aftermarket or aluminium/custom type of wheel.

I used to think the same think about "engine" and "motor", look up the definition of "motor" in the dictionary, "motor" can be used to describe either electric or internal combustion sources.
That's, "feud".
umm? here I thought that the rim was that big ass hunk of steel/aluminum or whatever other material that may be used to mount a tire on, a wheel is rim + tire assembled! I belive this is correct yes?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,650 Posts
Something else that always bugs me... when somebody says their engine won't turn over, but their car actually cranks but just won't start. There is a difference!

If the starter gear is turning, then unless it isn't mating with the flywheel (which you'd be able to hear the difference), then the engine is turning over. Engine might not "fire"/start, but it turns over. Won't turn over (unless the engine is seized) generally equals dead battery, fusable link, ground or other wiring problem to the starter (clutch pedal switch perhaps). Won't start, a lot more options for what could be wrong ;)
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top