J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've got a constant ticking noise coming from my left front wheel and I can't pinpoint what it is. It only happens above ~30 mph and does not go away in neutral or when on the brakes. It does seem to go away when I steer slightly to the left, possibly when the weight of the car leans away from that side of the car.

Is there some kind of hub or wheel bearing that I can check or is this some other type of problem?

Matt

·
Registered
278 Posts
It sounds like it is your left wheel bearing. My friends right bearing just went in hit 1990 Talon, and when he turned to the right it would stop. The sound usually doesn't get loud enough to hear until around 20 or 30 KMH, so I would take it to a shop and get your bearing looked at.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yea, check for play at that wheel bearing or look at your CV boot to see if its split and all the grease is gone and the joint is dry. Look at both the inner and outer, its most likely the outer if thats the problem.

·
17,284 Posts
I had the exact same problem. Have you done any brake work recently?? What I found to be the problem is something in that brake assembly. I took the caliper off, then took off the disc. Then I put everything back together real tight. It solved my problem!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turned out to be something with the rim/tire on the left front. Moved it off the front and the noise moved too. They're crappy tires anyway, $35 specials, have been looking to replace them but I'd like to find a set of factory aluminum wheels+tires to put on. This woman at my job has a 2000 z24 with the 16" wheels and 205/55/16s that would be better on my car. Think she'd noticed if I swapped them?!

Matt

G

·
I 100% guarantee that the problem is the wheel bearing.. I had that same problem two weeks ago, but it's gone ---> replaced the bearing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts