J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
17,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a problem. Does anyone have any tips for draining the coolant? I can reach the drain plug for the radiator, but I cant loosten it enough to drain the radiator? Can anyone help!?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Along the lines of this topic....

How much fluid can I expect to come out. I think my book said 14 quarts (like 14 litres). Is that right?

·
17,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow! That is one old topic! I was suprised to see this... I was like "wait , I havn't posted a new topic in here for awhile!"

I have 11 quarts for the cooling system on a 1992 Z24

Brad

·
Registered
892 Posts
I got tired of wasting antifreeze and wiping off my garge floors. Bought a 2 line suction gun from JC Whitney. Comes with two plastic hoses - one fits to the bottom of the radiator the other goes to a clean container. About six or seven pushes and pulls and the engine is drained below the heads. And no mess. The only difference between the drain and the hose is where it dumps on your floor! 8) 8)

·
17,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is really cool! I think I'll be asking for one of those for x-mas....... I always do everything that I can to not drain the coolant. I hate it almost as much as changing the tranny fluid!

Brad

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've always wanted some way to transfer liquids. Explosion-proof electric pumps are just too expensive. And, I've always wondered why there is no drain in the tranny sump. That job is always a disaster! :x

·
17,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats why I put a drain plug in my transmission pan the last time that I took it off. Now transmission work is a little better!

Brad

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That's funny. When I first read this I was like "wait...brad doesn' have his car right now..what the hell?!"...Then I saw how old it was lol :lol: :lol:

·
17,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol! Thats funny that everyone knows that I dont have my car here..... well I do complain enough about it not being with me I guess!

Chuck, I'm heading home on Friday, the 20th on the bus :cry: it's a 7 hour trip home! Not cool!

Brad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts