J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately underneath the car by the bottom right side of the radiator I have noticed some fluid build up. This fluid has a hint of the smell of coolant in it, yet it is clear and not green at all. Looks like just water.
Well today I'm driving to school as usual and all of a sudden a start to see steam rising from underneath the hood by the driver's side front quarter panel. So I turn on my heat to see if steam would come out and it didn't but there was a trace of coolant in the scent of it. Upon lifting the hood I noticed it seemed to be coming from somewhere under where the air intake hose connects to the engine. Could this be a blown head gasket? The car just turned 100k yesterday. I had the heater core replaced a year ago. Also there is no trace of coolant in my exhaust.

Anyone out there have any idea? if so how much do parts cost and could I do it myself? I tried a search thing but that was pretty much no use.....

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
i would think its just a leak in a hose somehwere, if it were a headgasket i would imagine there would be smoke comin out your exhaust. look around the engine bay and check the hoses, you may have a leak or a bad clamp or something

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.