J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
The GM Sychromesh Fluid part number through the dealer is 12345349 and it runs at 13.23 a quart.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about 75-90 gear oil?
Thats what my autozone store wanted to sell me.
If I use that would I be asking for troubles?
Willy

As far as me being an ass, most people would be offended seeing the S and F and GD words.
If that makes me an ass,then I am not in the right crowd.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
red2000 said:
How about 75-90 gear oil?
Thats what my autozone store wanted to sell me.
If I use that would I be asking for troubles?
Willy

As far as me being an ass, most people would be offended seeing the S and F and GD words.
If that makes me an ass,then I am not in the right crowd.
yes dont use that stuff.. its way too thick and your tranny is likely to not shift good, that stuff is meant for truck rear ends.
get pennzoil syncromesh, its what i use and my tranny shifts like a hot knife through butter!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I wish I remembered that Pennzoil made that stuff. Oh well, my discount at work comes close to that price anyways.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
lol those guys are fucking stupid, gear oil in a getrag, i think they need to read some specs or something. When im at the auto parts store and i need trans oil, i say, i need 5w-30 for my transmission and the guys are like, you mean atf, and i say no, i said i need 5w-30 because thats what the transmission takes. I like telling people that they are wrong. It makes my day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.