J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my moms boyfriend is a car nut, he's got a 72 Camaro SS, 3 80's mustangs, 5 fieros and a bunch of other cars. He likes putting things where they don't belong, he's doing a V8 swap into the fiero and putting a 350 in one of his mustangs, and now he wants to do somethign Crazy with my cavy. He wants to use an AWD drivetrain from a bonneville, and throw a 4.9L he has sitting around into it, not sure what tranny he's planning on using, I just know he's crazy. It'll be a lot of work, but if we can pull it off it'll be sweet, any idea, helpful hints? Anyone heard of this being done before?

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
Bonnies never came AWD. :-?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, Then I must be mistaken as to wich car he wants the drivetrain from, My mom was the one that told me, I won't get a chance to speak with him until tommorow, I just know he wants to convert it to AWD.

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
benz88 said:
6000 STE came with the AWD, cant remember what motor though.
2.8L Automatic only. A modified TH125C.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Those transmissions were hand-built "off-line" thats how "limited" they are. pretty rare.

If your going to do that swap, you might as well steal the whole suspension from it, and on the plus side....those cars came with auto-leveling in the rear :)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
barrok69 said:
Those transmissions were hand-built "off-line" thats how "limited" they are. pretty rare.

If your going to do that swap, you might as well steal the whole suspension from it, and on the plus side....those cars came with auto-leveling in the rear :)
Odd, I had a Toronado, I hated the auto leveling setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.