J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya there.. So, i've searched around and all the threads covering this topic are a bit elusive and did not help me much..

So the troublechild this time, is the cruise control. In simple words, it isn't controlling cruise what so ever :lol: The car is '92 Z24 with a stock 3.1

Now then (suggestions from other topics that i got and checked) :

* i checked the fuses - they are good
* changed the thinner vacuum hose running from the servo to a hard line that distributes further on by multi-jacks .. (when unplugging, it made a slight "hiss" reffering that the system had some vacuum in it.)
* i pressed the solenoid inwards and it popped back out freely on the servo that is connected to the throttle linkage via cable, so that seems to be in order..

what else should i check? i'm out of ideas. Maybe someone has similar expirience and has gotten it fixed..

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
Has the cruise been working and just now stopped??

It is probably something on the electrical side of the cruise control operation.

I would start at the switch and work from there.

Brad

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
you could try and see if the cables going from the cruise to the throttle have fallen off, they did on my friend's 93 RS and we didnt figure it out until 3 years later!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it has been inoperational for a fiew months, from the day i bought it, so i think it was out of order before me already. But ok, i'll try to check the cabling too.. Does the stick on the column have any cabling inside that might be falling apart or something?

i also found a hose near the left (driver side) strut-tower that wasn't connected to anything from one end. The other end was attatched to a metal thin tube that runs around the strut tower towards the fender and then turns and should run onwards to the firewall i guess but it has been cut and just stops so does not really have any purpose what so ever.. might it be some how a part of the CC or is it something else??

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
torquenstine said:
No it has been inoperational for a fiew months, from the day i bought it, so i think it was out of order before me already. But ok, i'll try to check the cabling too.. Does the stick on the column have any cabling inside that might be falling apart or something?

i also found a hose near the left (driver side) strut-tower that wasn't connected to anything from one end. The other end was attatched to a metal thin tube that runs around the strut tower towards the fender and then turns and should run onwards to the firewall i guess but it has been cut and just stops so does not really have any purpose what so ever.. might it be some how a part of the CC or is it something else??
there should be 2 vaccum lines going into the cruise servo. The line your describing is probly the trans vent tube.

if all your lines are in check, and theres no cut wires or blown fuses, replacfe the cruise module... the black box under the dash on the driverside.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see.. well, ill check the cabling next (as much as i can find) and check all of the tubing again to make sure it's all intact. Do you mean the module is that thing which slide-attatches to the plastic cover that is under the dash on te driver side and has a huge bunch of wires coming out of it? I hope it's not busted 'coz a new one comes from the states for atleast two weeks and costs a lot :(

And then the transmission venting.. what is it good for and what is the effect if it is unattatched (where should it be attatched anyways?? ) I have noticed a weird behaviour with my car: when slowing down In-gear, it starts jumping real hard. At first i thought its the cluch but it did that before and now after the whole cluch change.. could it be the reason?

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
if you end up needing that cruse controll box under the dash let me know. i've got the one from my 91Z just sitting on a shelf, i've got no use for it.. lol

but yah, check the 2 vacuum lines that run from the servo. The switch on the brake pedal can easially go out and it's not hard to change.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
haha, yeah i think i have a couple of the CC boxes laying around too. back when i had my 1st 'bird i took that out when i installed the radio,m thinking it was part of the stock system. Took me like 3 months to figure out why my cruise just up and stopped working :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.