J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just couldn't see spending over $200 for an air intake, I had a few extra pieces from a spectre build your own air intake, so this is what I have come up with for my Cobalt. Don't laugh, it works real well. The acceleration is smoother and it's much quicker. I'm extremely happy with it. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Looks like the stock air box there has more area than that tiny cone filter... A drop in K&N should make more power since it would be getting cold air and not exposed to engine bay heat. If the stock air box is restrictive looks easy to mod it to open it up looks like it goes right to a fresh air behind the headlight..

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Moved since the Cobalt isn't a Jbody...

there is an airbox mod for the cobalt that's supposed to pick up some very nice HP.. look around http://www.cobaltss.net/ for what they've done..

It may look neat but that little filter actually flows less than your stock filter. a K&N drop in would easially net more power, Just make sure to clean the MAF sensor after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that the filter looks small, but it really does improve the horsepower. After this years bash, I'm gonna take it to the speed shop and have them put a supercharger on it, then I'll have plenty of horsepower. :lol: I would like to have it done for this years bash, but I won't have the money completely saved up by then, so, I'll definitely have it ready for the '08 bash. :D

·
Premium Member
10,540 Posts
perkcandy said:
We're gonna bring the Cobalt this year. It'll be it's first long trip. :lol:
well see ya guys there. i intended to bring my z but things didn't work out so i should be there in my prelude.

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
You got it lucky with your setup....I gotta pull off my wheel and the whole inside of my fender to get to my filter...But it was well worth it 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
looks exactly like the WAI i bought from pep boys for 40$ for my cavy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.