J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, here is the deal. This site is expensive
Just got my bill for next years hosting. About $450 for everything. What can you do to help? Well, I hate to ask such a thing, but you can donate if you have some extra cash. I know most of you are all poor students just like me, but <LINK_TEXT text="https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=moon%4 ... >paypal</a">https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=moon%40dodgenet.com">paypal</a</LINK_TEXT></URL>> gives you $5 free for just signing up, so can actually donate without losing any money.
Please see this page here if you can help out, or wish to read more.
http://www.v6z24.com/misc/?page=donation

Alright, so what is this about custom titles you ask? Well, you know how under your name to the left of all the messages on this messageboard, it has a title that is either "member" or "newbie", depending on how many posts you have. Well, how many of you would be interested in being able to change that title to whatever you wanted, for a small fee, as a fund-raiser type thing for the site. This way you could help me out, and get a little something out of it I guess. I don't know if anyone would actually be interested in this or not, so I thought I would ask before I went and set anything up. So basically, instead of "newbie" as your title, you could have "Ultra Pimp", or "Rice Burner" or whatever other crazy thing you can come up with. It would probably be something like $5 to change the title to whatever you wanted.

Let me know what you guys think. I really hate to have to ask for donations. I am not forcing anyone to do this, and I won't resent you if you don't, but if you like the site and can afford to help, I would be eternally gratefull.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey moon , sorry to hear what's going on with the site, i didn't think it would be that expensive to run a web site. well i have 1 problem i'll help you out as much as i can but i don't have a credit card and i'm in canada so i don't think paypal will work for me so if there is anyoter way i can send it to you let me know .
i'm not exactally sure how much i can help but i'll try my best , i love this site and would be pretty pissed if i lost it(sorry you lost it) so i'll do my best to help you out

k buddy
Eric

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey moon,

Sorry to hear bout the site... this site is the best thing that ever happend to me and my car... i also have no credit card so if you can come up with a better way ill send ya some $$$$ ill get in touch with ya soon.

Kevin (PINBALL)

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for wanting to help guys. You can get a paypal account in Canada, but I think you do have to have a credit card. I think if you are in the US, you can sign up with just a checking account. If you can't do paypal, I could take a snail mail check or money order. If you want to do that, you can get my address on this page.
http://www.v6z24.com/misc/?page=address

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey moon since you need help with the money issue it might be a good idea to tag a little extra on the price of the decal to help for the site, i know i wouldnt have a problem buying a decal and helping pay for the best site.

just an idea

nanner

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I just signed up. The 5 Bux is on it's way.

by the way, I used you as a referal, even more money for you (I think) they do pay for referals right?

damn I just read somehting
it says I have to send a single payment of $100 or more to receive my $5 bonus... is this true?

xX That's What I'm Talkin' about Xx

[ This Message was edited by: slayer on 2001-11-20 14:42 ]

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nanner, I will probably just add a dollar or so do the cost of each decal.
I got some prices. I started a new thread about this...

Slayer, I got your payment fine. Thank you VERY much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.