J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 92 z24 and i'm having trouble finding all the bolts for the dash. found one on either end near the quarter panels and the 2 holding on to the steering column. can't seem to find the others. any ideas?
just in case anyone wants to know i'm removing the dash to get to all the wiring. whoever had the car before was a freaking genius at wiring.

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
It's been a while since I pulled a dash but here's what I remember:

There are 4 screws at the base of the windsheild under the defroster bent trim, and there is a brace behind/beside the glove box that braces it to the firewall.

To disconnect the wiring you will need to unplug the engine harness on the driver side, and remove two nuts that are on either side of the remaining connector, scraping away the sealing tar that is there, to beable to push the connector from the firewall. This is probably the most difficult part. The rest of the connectors are all inside the dash or just beside it.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Six_Shooter said:
It's been a while since I pulled a dash but here's what I remember:

There are 4 screws at the base of the windsheild under the defroster bent trim, and there is a brace behind/beside the glove box that braces it to the firewall.

To disconnect the wiring you will need to unplug the engine harness on the driver side, and remove two nuts that are on either side of the remaining connector, scraping away the sealing tar that is there, to beable to push the connector from the firewall. This is probably the most difficult part. The rest of the connectors are all inside the dash or just beside it.
x2

i did an interior swap over the winter, that sounds about right. I'll never do that again :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.