J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok This Saturday is D-Day for my car, we are changing the ball joints and installing the exhaust system, and the exhaust system will consist of 2.5" pipe from the down pipe to a break point, where we are installing exhaust flanges, and after that more pipe to an offset 2.5"inlet/outlet flow master 40 series delta to a nice tip, but once I have all thi installed, I am going to have to hook up a serial port out (I think) to the wiring in my car, ( I have no ideas which ones yet, hopefully someone has schematics for setting this up and what i need to get for parts from the source to make this plug, and I need to start data logging, so I I can find if all my sensors work and see what parameters they are set at, I also need these logs because I currently have swapped in a 3400 out of a 99 Chevy Venture and swapped it over to standard, and I ALSO NEED TO KNOW WHICH WIRE i TAP INTO FOR THE TACHOMETER. and I also am going to get a custom chip burnt for my setup. I am currently using all the sensors and wiring and ecu from a 91 3.1L cavalier with non a/c and I also have deleted my EGR and AC. I checked out the one on 60degreev6.com, and i am unsure as if this is going to be the chip i should go with. Does anyone who has experience with tuning or data logging have any insight for me?

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
You can get the datalogger from moates.net.... it is a great product. There are tons of threads on this already.

As for tuning.... check out the sticky thread on this topic.

Then with the tachometer wire. Look at some wiring diagrams in the how-to section.

Maybe noone answered your thread because it was both hard to read and it had been discussed many times before. :)

Brad

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok I checked out moates.com and I can't figure out which program that i will need to datalog for my car, obviously it's not the honda one, is it under products, or downloads/uploads?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.