J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking to the mall today and I saw what looked like a 4 door first gen with a tail light mod. Across the back of this car was Oldsmobile badges and tail lights. I didn't get a look at the front. I'll try and snag a pic tommorow if I can. It ...was ...just ...so ...weird.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
yes i saw that actual car in a museum this summer in Indiana.

J2000

TWIN Superchargers,
TWIN Turbo,
with Fogger Nitrous...

the story on the car is the guy lost his wife family, and everything he owned just to build that car and win Hot Rod car of the year.

the epitomy of "Pro Street" 80's craze...

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
That's Rick Dobberton's J2000, it's an '83. The only original J-body parts are the main body, roof, quarter panels, and I believe the doors are, along with tail lights and some trim. He bought the car from a rental place in '84 and built it that way. I still remember seeing that car at the London Speed-o-rama, back in '86 or so, I don't remember much else of the show, but I do remember that car.

That is my favorite car of all time, and not just because it's a Sunbird hatchback, but it was the wildest pro/street car I had seen.

Here's a picture of the engine:

I have more pictures here: <LINK_TEXT text="http://www.domesticcrew.com/raven/Misc. ... 0Dobberton">http://www.domesticcrew.com/raven/Misc./Rick%20Dobberton</LINK_TEXT>

·
Registered
177 Posts
You'd the man! Raven, you're telling me you've been hiding these photos on me !?!? heheh Cool, I've always liked this car ever since I first saw it.. hheh Cant wait to purchase my 85 Sunbird!! Oh yeah, my autox toy!! muhahaha

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wow that engine is massive! And back to the post, yes, oldsmobile did make a j-body. So did buick, cadillac, chevy and pontiac.

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
black94rs said:
To damn bad the thing never ran under it's own power ... EVER! Trailer queens suck donkey balls!
Actually it did run, it has low miles since the build but he has driven it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.